Thursday, February 4, 2010

Are you here on business?


Well my Chilean adventure/vacation has officially begun! I am writing to you from the Toronto Airport in the AirCanada Business Lounge. My luck has struck once again. First, I arrived safely to the O'Hare Airport on the Van Galder bus this morning after sitting next to a felon who was recently (yesterday) convicted of embezzlement with tax returns. He has 30 days until he has to turn himself in to federal prison for the next two years and wants to make the most of his time with his wife and four children. I know this because he told me the whole story, including how much money he stole and exactly what he did with it. Just another UW alum making us proud.

I re-ran into Scott and Isaac, two of the guys I met on the bus, at the airport and we had lunch together and chatted about our upcoming travels. After that I met up with Laura, we got onto our flight safe and sound and the next thing I knew we were on Canadian soil. After arriving at our gate we scouted out a place to eat and asked the kind gentlemen at the information desk if there were any more options. Laura's cute personality and my winning smile (combined with our AirCanada boarding passes) scored us two free passes to the AirCanada Business Lounge where there is an abundance of options for free food and drink, including a make-your-own drink bar. Not only that, but free wireless internet. As for now, life is good. I am so blessed.

Hasta Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment