Friday, February 5, 2010

One place that does not feel like it sounds.

Saludos de Chile! We have safely landed and spent our first half day in Santiago and it has been wonderful. I walked off the plane and was already sweating. And yes, I am more than okay with that. The flight went smoothly; you can believe me because I was awake for almost all 10 hours and 20 minutes of it. It was all worth it when I opened my window for the first time near the end of the flight and had a picture of nothing other than the Andes Mountains..stunning. The house I live in is located in one of the nicer barrios of Santiago, Las Condes, and is very accommodating. Not only that, but more importantly, my host mom has a great sense of humor. Thank goodness! I would go crazy had I not already been able to crack jokes with her.

The idea of having someone holding a sign with my name on it turned out to be a lot less romantic than I had originally imagined. However, that may have been due to the fact that I had to fight my way through a mob of taxi drivers advertising their companies. This was also where Steph, Laura and I all went our separate ways.

After getting most of my stuff settled in, Mama Maria made me lunch and not only were there fresh red and green peppers and avocadoes, but also some of the best watermelon, sandía, that I´ve ever tasted. I have a feeling that I will not be hurting for delicious fresh fruits and veggies while I am here! I am excited to see and feel what tomorrow has in store! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment