Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm just gonna take the dog for a.... drive?

Let me relate three funny things that happened to me tonight within the span of about two hours.

First, I cracked a joke at once tonight with Mama. I would relate the whole dialogue here, but if you aren't from Santiago it wouldn't be nearly as funny. Let's just say it has to do with a certain slogan of a certain grocery store. If you'd like to know just ask me about it, even if you don't laugh I will!

Second, when I was leaving for the gym a HUGE husky dog ran by right after I opened my gate. I almost fell over from a heart attack. And then after him comes barrelling another one, even bigger yet! Luckily they kept trotting down the street crossing over from side to side, showing off to all of the dogs stuck inside their fences that they were as free as.. well, stray dogs. The next thing I know I see a car driving super slow down the street and it appeared to be following them. Yep, it was the owner. It had rained today but at the time of this incident it was clear, yet "said" owner still decided it would be just much more productive to drive behind their huge wolf-like pets, scaring the bejeebies out of young girls, than putting those bad boys on leashes.

The third funny thing that happened to me was at the gym. Tonight was my last opportunity to go to Spinning with Pablo (he teaches class at 9:10 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays and out of the three teachers is by far my fave), so of course I showed up. For the past couple of weeks he has always been offering me his towel as I wipe my pitchers of sweat (yes, I sweat like a pig at these classes, and it's not pretty) from my face, out of my eyes onto my already drenched t-shirt sleeve. Tonight he offered a couple more times and for his (and his towel's!) sake I said no yet again, and then just as class was finishing up a piece of paper hanging on one of the beams in the room caught my eye:

"El uso de toalla es obligatorio"
The use of a towel is obligatory

Let's just say I felt pretty silly and turned even more red than I already was from the workout. I mentioned something to Pablo and he just laughed. Oh man I miss him already!

That's all for now! Off to listen to the sound of rain on the tin roof outside my room. Can't wait for tomorrow's view of the cordillera!

Con cariño,
Kelsey Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment