Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ode to My Brown Fleece

I had the unfortunate happening of losing yet another of my favorite things down here in Chile: my brown fleece. As you can imagine my disappointment was high, but I decided to channel my energy into remembering why I loved that brown zip-up jacket so much by dedicating a poem. Here it goes:

You kept me warm both day and night,
and although I had yet to wash you, you still smelled alright.

Around the world with me you went,
from Argentina to a Patagonian tent.

You kept your softness perfectly in tact,
and although pricy, you were worth it, that´s a fact.

I have enjoyed my days of cuddling up in you,
especially now that it's winter here, these days were not few.

After irresponsibly leaving your black brother behind,
I relied solely on you to heat me up in a bind.

I have known you now for not even a year,
and to be without you is what I most fear.

I'm not sure what I'll do without you
on those days that are freezing cold,
because at times I feel cold-blooded,
or at least that's what I've been told.

Please know, my dear brown fleece
that dearly you will be missed,
I'll have a hard time replacing you,
just the thought makes me clench my fists.

I hope that with your new owner
you can have what we once did,
but know that it will never be the same
because a farwell to thee I must bid.

Farewell dear fleece, you have served me well,
and now to thee I have but one thing left to tell;

Gracias, thank you and danke schön,
if we meet again it will not be to soon.


Forever and always,
Kelsey Marie

I'll miss you brown fleece, we had fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment