Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dreams made into realities.

Yesterday we went to Machu Picchu and amazing does not even do what we saw justice. After waiting in line for over 2 hours we got into the park around 6:30 a.m. and even got to be a few of the daily 400 who are allowed to climb Huayna Picchu, also spelled Waynapicchu, which is a tall mountain that hasthat boasts a looming view of the ancient city itself. The stairs on the way up are treacherous but absolutely, 100% worth it. The only injury I got was actually a nice big tear in the seat of my pants and I am going to have to officially retire this pair after the trip. I have been waiting to see Machu Picchu for so long and even through the scattered drizzles and clouds it was hands-down the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life and unfortunately I don't have the time to tell you all about it now.

We're off to Lima, then from Santiago to Canada and coming into O'Hare in only a couple short days!

See you soon!

Besitos,
Kelsey Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment